CHILDREN’S LITURGY OF THE WORD:
Who: children in grades Kindergarten – 2nd
When: during both 9 and 11 am Masses
Children’s Liturgy of the Word is an effective way for our children to develop a fuller and more active participation in Mass by hearing the readings at a level of their understanding.
Volunteers are needed. Facilitators are scheduled on a 4-5 week rotation during the Mass of their choice. Training and materials provided. Contact the program coordinator by emailing faithformation@SPAgr.org or call the parish office (616) 949-4170.
Elementary Faith Formation Program
The Faith Formation program is a fun and interactive way for your child to encounter Jesus, grow in faith and become a witness to the Gospels.
The program is held held on Wednesday evenings from 6:15- 7:30 pm.
- Our elementary classes are for students in 1st – 5th
- Classes are open to all parish families, for children both in the public school system and those who attend St. Paul the Apostle School. Faith Formation lessons are different from the religion curriculum in school.
- The program will begin September 25 and conclude on May 6, 2020.
- The Faith Formation sessions begin with a large group catechesis gathering to build community within our parish.
- The children then break out into individual grade level lessons.
- Lessons will be structured in accordance with the Diocese of Grand Rapid’s religious education guidelines of bringing children to ENCOUNTER Jesus Christ; GROW in their faith and relationship with God and WITNESS living our faith in our daily lives.
- Each month the children will participate in Faith in Action events for hands on learning.
- Classes are filled on a first come basis.
- Weekly attendance at both class and Mass is expected.
We look forward to working with you and your children to grow in our Catholic faith!
Many volunteers are needed to help with the program. Catechist and weekly aides are provided with training opportunities. Manuals and lesson plans are provided.
PARISH FAMILY NIGHTS: gatherings all parishioners
We will have three family gatherings that follow the diocese’s religion curriculum guidelines of Encounter, Grow and Witness.
Mark your calendars for October 15, January 7, and May 19. Parish Family Nights will begin with a potluck dinner at 6:00 PM followed by hands on activities for the entire family.
Each gathering will have a different topic/ theme covered where parents and children learn about our Catholic faith side by side.